1st Annual Virginia Cybersecurity Education Conference
The Virginia Cyber Range is hosting the 1st Annual Virginia Cybersecurity Education Conference at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA on August 14-15, 2018. This conference is open to all Virginia high school, college, and university faculty, administrators, and partners. Additional information can be found on the event website.
Attendees and Sponsors: Registration is open! Create an account and register >> here.
Registration fees (includes CEU certificate, lunch (Day 1), and breakfast & lunch (Day 2)):
- VA Educator/State/Federal Government Employee: $50
- Student: $25
- Industry/Others: $150
- Sponsors: Three levels available during registration; see below under Sponsorship Opportunities to review.
At the end of the conference, attendees will:
- Understand the challenges facing educators (K12 through university level) in cybersecurity education
- Learn innovative and effective ways to teach cybersecurity to students using hands-on learning
- Learn about various state and national cybersecurity educational resources available to educators
- Understand the history and services provided by the Virginia Cyber Range
- Understand the hiring needs and skills required to prepare students to successfully enter the cybersecurity workforce
- Discover ways to get underrepresented student populations excited about and involved in cybersecurity
- Examine the dangers associated with social media and technology use and how to effectively teach students to safely operate in cyber
Earning Continuing Education Units (CEU)
All attendees are eligible to earn CEUs for attending the conference, but they must sign in each day at the designated CEU table located near registration.